In order to watch Windows Media or Adobe Flash videos on the Live @ CUA site, your network and computer must meet certain requirements.
For a good viewing experience, your network should be capable of consistently delivering 1.0 Mbps download speeds to your computer. You can test your network speed using sites such as Speedtest.net.
Most home cable or fiber-optic based Internet service connections (such as Comcast or Verizon FiOS) exceed this requirement. If your connection is DSL, you should test your speed, as not all DSL connections are fast enough. Dial-up connections are not fast enough for viewing the videos on this site.
Microsoft Windows computers
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Intel Pentium 4 2.33 GHz or faster CPU and at least 1 GB memory is recommended
- Up-to-date version of Adobe Flash Player
- Up-to-date version of Microsoft Windows Media Player
Apple Mac OS computers
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion
- Intel Core Duo 1.33 Ghz or faster CPU and at least one 1 GB memory is recommended
- Up-to-date version of Adobe Flash Player (or, VLC can also play Adobe Flash FLV/F4V files)
- One of the following media players
Testing your configuration
You can test test whether your computer is correctly configured to view videos on this site by watching all or part of these example videos.
Design Council 2010 - Designing the Future of Sustainability (Windows Media)
The World is Waiting (Adobe Flash)
Support information for other devices
- Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch will not be able to view the video on this site and are not supported.
- Other computers and mobile devices may be able to view videos on this site, but support is not provided.
Viewing Panopto Lectures
For viewing requirements for Panopto.